Lunches at the Farm
Welcome to Brown’s Cheese Tasting Room
Please join us for a tasting of our specialty cheeses and lunch at our farm. We accompany the tasting with a variety of homemade bread, jams and chutneys and salads that are all homegrown using biodynamic and organic farming methods.
Bookings for this intimate experience are by appointment only. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a date or call 0727 103350. Please text if you don't get through.
Open Thursday through Saturday by appointment. Saturday is booked out two weeks in advance most of the year.
Just half an hour’s drive out of Nairobi, this is a wonderful opportunity to sample excellently prepared cheese, fresh out of our factory and some of which are seasonal so they are only available at our premises.
Kids under 5 are free. 5+ are 500/-. Kids 12+ are 1,500/-. This includes pizza and ice cream for the kids as well as lunch if they would like some.
Payment is due on the day in full and is cash, cheque or credit card.
An afternoon at the farm
- 4,000/- per person
- Six person minimum or 24,000 /- minimum cost. We have groups most days. If there is another group then the 6 person minimum does not apply. Please call.
- It is required that you pay a non-refundable down payment of 50% of your total group's charge to till number 768950 via M-pesa. Go to mpesa select lipa na mpesa. Choose buy goods and services. Enter the till number and the amount. This is the only way to confirm your reservation.
- After you have sent the money ensure that you follow up with an email or Text.
- Discover flavour differences and cheese families with 8 cheeses including some seasonal cheeses kept just for group tastings.
- A tour of the factory and overview of how cheese is made.
- A 3 course lunch made with 100% homegrown ingredients, set in green and tranquil surroundings.
- Cows and chickens all to enjoy. Milking of cows possible for kids interested.
- An extensive tour of the biodynamic vegetable garden.
- Buying a selection of cheeses to take home at factory prices.
- Mozzarella making for groups that are interested.
Visiting hours are from 12:00noon till 4:00pm
Price includes up to 3 glasses of wine or beer per person
The afternoon’s activies:
- Groups are requested to arrive at 12:00 noon. The tour starts at 12:30, so if groups haven't arrived they may miss the tour as we only have time to conduct it once a day.
- Upon arrival you are served homemade lemonade, herbal iced tea or beer. We do not encourage sodas as we feel it takes away from visiting the farm. You are also given some hors d’oeuvres.
- You will then be shown a cheese-making demonstration and be taken on a tour of our factory
- Once back from the tour which can last 15 mins up to an hour depending on the interest level of the group, you are served your cheese platter and the tasting experience is explained to you.
- Lunch is then served. Groups are welcome to walk the garden and farm. Kids are able to milk the cows.
Wine & Cheese Pairing Experience:
If you have been before please ask us about the cheese and wine pairing session instead. This costs 5000/- per person and includes 6 wines and 6 cheeses. We serve a mixed organic salad on the side with breads and chutneys. Desert and coffee also included.
Nature's Nurture Homegrown Spa:
We make a selection of homegrown plant based facial masks, cleansers and scrubs. Enjoy the tranquil surroundings with some friends whilst feeding your skin too! This is ideal for a bay or bridal shower idea or a fun girls day out.
We make a selection of fresh skin products to suite an array of skin types. The cost is 1000/- per person added on to our regular lunch tasting cost of 4000/- pp or we can do a simple cheese tasting of 4 cheeses, breads and jams for (3000/- pp). We need a minimum of 6 people.
Other things to do in the area:
- Bird watching/ Hiking. If you feel like a hike in the beautiful tea area. Brackenhurst is able to offer guided walks through their indigenous forest. Amazing bird watching, stretch your legs and enjoy native forest. The cost is 1000/- per person. Contact Delia for more details.
- Contemporary Art. On your way why not stop at the Banana Hill Art Gallery. It is on the right hand side of the banana hill township if you are heading out to visit us. You can’t miss it.
- The Great Rift Experience. Why not carry on 15 minutes down the old Naivaisha road and take a look at the Great Rift Valley. If your guests are not driving to the Mara this is an easy way for them to experience the amazing rift drop.